Historic Tours & Places

For thousands of Americans traveling the Oregon Trail, the Willamette Valley was the paradise they hoped to find. The first land claims in this area - two 640-acre parcels claimed in 1845 and 1846 - became "Marysville," which was later renamed to "Corvallis" by Joseph C. Avery, a name he made up by compounding the Latin words for "heart of the valley." In the winter of 1847, Avery chained off 12 acres of land around his cabin for town lots. Called "Little Fields," this was the beginning of what would become the community of Corvallis.

599
Harris Covered Bridge
77
Bellfountain Community Church in Monroe, Oregon
Bellfountain Community Church
8
Bellfountain Community Church in Monroe, Oregon
Benton County Courthouse
145
Benton County Museum
Benton County Historical Society and Museum
151
Charles Gaylord House in Corvallis, Oregon
Charles Gaylord House
585
Corvallis Heritage Trees
Corvallis Heritage Trees
152
Fiechter House in Benton County, Oregon
Fiechter House
584
Commander's House, Fort Hoskins, Benton County, Oregon
Fort Hoskins
309
Historic Homes Trolley Tour in Corvallis, Oregon
Historic Homes Trolley Tour
79
Edward and Mellie May Ryder House in Corvallis, Oregon
Historical Walking Tours
153
Hull-Oakes Lumber Company
Hull-Oakes Lumber Co.
154
Kings Valley Community Church
Kings Valley Community Church AKA Kings Valley Evangelical Church
Showing results 1 to 12 of 16
Visit Corvallis
420 NW 2nd Street
Corvallis, OR 97330